Sunday, February 12, 2012

City Centre

I have lived in Derry for a little less than three weeks, and already I have made more than a few trips to the City Centre. I love this part of the city, with its rich history, stone walls, little shops containing everything from modern clothes to eclectic books, and little cafes where fresh scones and a cup of tea are the order of the day. And although I wish the lot of you could come here and enjoy this with me, you'll have to make do with a few pictures.

   

Nestled just inside the city walls, the graveyard next to this little church  holds ancestors of several prominent English military officers of World War II.


Overlooking the Bogside from the city walls






This tower, the only remaining portion of what was once a prison, still stands on the wall that divides the Catholic side from the Protestant side.

St. Columb's Cathedral


No comments: