As my time in Derry, and in Ireland, rapidly diminishes, I find myself often saying: "For the last time." I am walking along the River Foyle for the last time. Or I am eating a scone in this coffee shop for the last time. Needless to say, I'm experiencing mixed feelings over my impending return to the states. I am excited to go home, I really am. My mom will tell you of the endless list of foods I want to eat. And I will be thrilled to jump in my car and just drive...anywhere, really. Not to mention that I hear the people back home are pretty great too. You know...friends, family. That sort of stuff.
But who wouldn't be sad to leave their study abroad in Ireland?
So in the spirit of saying goodbye, I am posting the final pictures of just me and the city with a list of the things I will miss most about living in Derry.
1. The awesome friends I have met here
2. Walking along the river
3. Scones (I'm on the hunt for a good recipe)
4. Lots and lots of free time
5. The care-not, slow-as-a-sloth, just-chill-forever pace
6. The scenery
7. Interesting (and easy!) classes
8. Live Trad
9. Great parks and playgrounds (who says they're just for kids?)
10-20. Traveling
In the spirit of preparing myself for the adjustment back to home, I've also compiled a list of things
I will not miss.
1. The food (with the exception of chocolate and scones)
2. The smell of Derry (moss, smoke, and mold?)
4. Living in dorms
5. The care-not, slow-as-a-sloth, just-chill-forever pace
6. The large number of smokers (and drinkers)
7. Gum-spattered sidewalks
8. Lack of enunciation
9. The Derry/Londonderry Dilemma
10. My bed. I mean! my brick.
But soon I will be on to the next great adventure. I never would have guessed that I'd spend four months living in Ireland,so I'm not even going to predict what's next. But whatever it is, I'm excited! (I think).

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment