One of my favorite things about Ireland, and one of the things I will miss most, is the traditional music session. Although apparently a trad session as a public performance is relatively new, the tradition of getting together in someone's home and just enjoying the music is an old one. Our night at the bar in Gweedore (Gaoth Dobhair) remains one of my favorite nights in Ireland. Essentially it was just us in the bar (and by us, I mean the group of fifteen or so American students and the lecturers who kindly agreed to take us around), and the musicians just played for fun. No mics involved. No soundboard. Just a couple of guys with some acoustic instruments. For once, I could just enjoy the music and the atmosphere. To say the least, it was great! So, thanks to Lauren's recording skills, I've tried to give you a little bit of the trad session experience. Unfortunately, the camera is less good at ignoring surrounding noise, but hopefully I can get my hands on some sound editing software and clean up the sound, eventually.(Anyone feel like donating some software? Anyone?)
No comments:
Post a Comment